Well, I've slacked. A ton. But I have a good defence for it, which I'll get to below. First, some pics.
![]() |
| Pool party with Justin and Lily this weekend. We LOVE it when friends just stop by (seriously...!) |
![]() |
| At the USA vs. Haiti soccer match in Boston. I love this guy, and love that he's made sports actually kinda fun for me to attend! |
![]() |
| Mo's new bike, and 1st birthday present from Grandma and Popa (Grandpa) |
![]() |
| On our way to check out some schools in CT! (more on that below) |
![]() |
| And Mo got a tent for her playroom! Perfect timing since we're actually setting up some playdates now! |
I've also really tried to back off on being my usual over-organized, everything-in-it's-place self with her. She has her playroom and behind the couch in the family room where I just check my OCD self at the door and let her be a kid doing what she wants. I haven't even vacuumed the playroom yet (a feat- I've discovered I LOVE to vacuum. I'm so weird) and turn a blind eye when I see crayon marks. It's her space after all to be creative.
We're moving Mo to a school in Ridgefield, CT (one town over and on my way to Norwalk every day). We toured 3 schools last week and were just blown away by this one, plus I found out I have a sales rep who's daughter attends that school already and will be in Mo's class! Her feedback, plus the other references we reached out to really sealed the deal that Mo is going to an awesome school, but we're really sad to say goodbye to POA Market St.
To help Mo transition I've already set up a playdate with my work colleague and that first week will just plan to monitor Mo very carefully (they have cameras where you can watch the kids), plus just communicate with the director and her teachers. When we toured though she had no trouble making herself right at home and even got some hugs from the other kids. And in addition to the Big Brother Mommy-Daddy cams, they email out each kids' report daily along with pictures they took during the day! According to the other Moms we asked, her teacher is a pro at getting kids to potty train, plus they offer fun activities like soccer and karate during the school day (things that would normally take up a parents weekend time with their kids)- so it just seems like an awesome, caring, and technologically advanced school and we really hope Mo loves it there. When we asked her which one she liked of the 3 we saw (1 being this school, 2 and 3 being the others) she kept saying 1- so I think we're all in agreement!
Upcoming:
- I'm now working from home every Friday this summer (changing to Thursdays in the fall)!
- Dropping off all Mo's enrollment papers and check so she'll be officially ready to go on Aug 31
- My sis and bro-in-law come to visit this weekend!!! We've got a Mets/Nats game planned, pool party on Saturday and a few other friends/Bill's sis and fam possibly joining
- Finding Mo a new pediatrician for her 2 year appt
- We have a playdate with Danielle (work colleague) and Reznor either 8/8 or 8/9 and then with Judith and Cora on 8/14!
- 8/15 we're having another pool party with my game night crew plus basically all Bill's friends without kids, plus Mike, Amanda and Maddie
- Then we're off to the Cape for a week!







No comments :
Post a Comment