Today is Bill's birthday so I just wanted to do a special shout-out to my and Mo's favorite guy. We went out to
The Restaurant last night with Bill's parents and it was excellent (and as I'd suspected, I'd actually been there years ago). Then today I treated Bill to our favorite soup dumplings lunch at
Joe's Shanghai. For his actually birthday present, we got him a much-desired pool cleaner (the roomba of pool cleaners in fact) which he's already put to good use to keep our favorite pastime sparkling clean.
 |
| Some after work pool time |
 |
| After Bill mowed the lawn, I vacuumed/cleaned and Mo went down for a nap- this is living |
 |
| Lounging with Grandma this weekend |
It's been so nice to have his parents visiting. I must admit the house was so eerily quiet after my Mom left, it's good to be filling it with guests again. Next weekend it'll be our first weekend in the house with just the 3 of us but hopefully it'll be as beautiful as this past weekend was so we can literally spend the entire time in the pool (my goal is to have to drive as little as possible on the weekends- this past weekend I only left the house to go to dinner, so score one there!). The weekend after next we have a major party planned with Bill's Syracuse and high school buddies coming- in total about 25 people plus kids- and I haven't even started to think about that, then for the 4th Melissa, Adam and Jaz are coming as well as Aunt Chrissie and family (including Mo's newest little cousin Ryan!). And the weekend after that we have plans to go to Boston. Whew. So an action-packed next few weeks.



We think Mo is teething again as she's been unusually cranky, short tempered and has a runny nose. Oh, and we can also see 2 teeth pushing through. After these hopefully come soon, she should be very close to done. Otherwise she's good. She's been absolutely spoiled with having 3/4 of her full sets of grandparents visit. She still asks for her "Anna" often but is now totally enthralled with Grandpa ("Papa") and Grandma. Besides the temper tantrums she's really good. She's big on her ABCs and can go all the way to "I" now, numbers is pretty good to "5" but she has her favorites (i.e. loves 2, 4, B and I). Her vocabulary is incredible at this point. She's also a true water baby- loves being in the water, going under and has very little fear of the water. Outside of the house/pool alarms, gates and locks, we agree that good old-fashioned monitoring is the best and have a designated "watcher" every time she (or any number of kids) are by the pool.





We also had a really nice playdate/music last Friday with Melissa, Deanne, Ollie, Jaz and Rayna and I'm planning to take the next two Fridays as 1/2 days to be able to join again. We've also been meeting more neighbors and getting more familiar with our new area so I feel like I have a good balance between urban life during the week and suburbia on the weekends.
 |
| We love suburbia dining, namly for how baby friendly it is at restaurants. |
 |
| Happy Birthday Daddy! |
 |
| The awesome view from The Restaurant |
Upcoming:
- Work, work work, 1/2 day
- Outside of weddings 6/27 will be probably the most amount of Bill's friends I've seen at once- all under our roof. I'm thinking Whole Foods for prepared salads and another Costco run! I'm going for fun and stress free for our parties this summer.
- Friends and family over for the 4th, then off to Boston for (possibly) a soccer game and Foo Fighters.
 |
| Dining al fresco last week for dinner. |
No comments :
Post a Comment