Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Just Had to Share

So following up on yesterday's post about working, it's being able to participate in projects like EcoMedia and KIPP that really round out that I'm not only doing something I like and am good at, but am doing some good for the community too. My role in this is small, negotiating the shares the CBS stations get from my clients media spend in order to accrue the funds to do a project like this one. Making sure that once we've reconciled invoices, the dollars are confirmed and set aside. Gathering project ideas from EcoMedia to present to our clients once we've accrued enough gap-funding. Then deciding what fits best with our clients branding message (Healthcare usually equals health and wellness projects) and finally, selling it through to our clients. And a healthy meal isn't all that groundbreaking, but I think it shows these kids that there are people and corporations out there that do want to do better, that don't just want to sell you something but want to give back as well. It's pretty cool and at the end of the day, it's the projects like this that'll be the first ones I share with Mo if/when she asks what Mama does.

Here's the official write up too: 
Through EcoMedia's WellnessAd program, Health. Join In. is supporting KIPP NYC College Prep High School's healthy meals program. 

Funding will support the program for one full school year, impacting 614 students daily and at the end of the year, students will have eaten 102,538 healthy school meals.

A tour of KIPP NYC College Prep High School and a visit to the cafeteria took place last week, showing the impacts the funding is making on these promising high school students lives!







And more to come because the California arm of that same client (Anthem BlueCross and BlueShield) is doing a HUGE project in LA in early December that I helped accrue funding for and pitch to the client. This was the big project we negoitated that took 2 years to save up for... we're part of the LA River Revitalization and are getting signage on some roving parklettes. Unfortunately I will not be attending that one though.

No comments :

Post a Comment