Thursday, August 7, 2014

TGI...T!

Let's see... it's just after 10am and I am already dying for this day to be over and tomorrow to be here. I've got a little work today but mostly it's just twiddling my thumbs and clock watching. I have a lunch at Eataly's Manzo with a rep (one of the better perks of my job) and then tonight I'm going to my first spin class in 1 1/2 years. Bill is going to be making dinner again tonight (polenta and turkey meatballs) and made a really yummy dinner on Monday night (I taught him mustard panko chicken, a simple arugula salad and how to make rice... it was a success!).
Here's Mo on Luau Day! She wore a beautiful dress from St. Kitt's that Grandma and Grandpa McKinney got for her on their trip there.
Otherwise, today I'm just dying for it to be tomorrow and for us to be on our way to the Cape! I love exploring new places but there's something about revisiting a place you already know is perfect that just helps make the trip that much more relaxing. For those that don't know, we're heading back to our babymoon spot, in Falmouth on Cape Cod, for a long weekend. It's crazy looking back at our pictures from last year in this post, all the anticipation, all that time to utilize photo apps I haven't opened since the early days of Moira, I was so big and pregnant and nothing was better than floating weightless in the ocean and eating all the seafood I could get my hands on. The trip this time is my valentines gift from Bill, so I've had months and months to get excited, and with house buying as our next project, this is probably the last romantic getaway we'll have for a while. And right now, I'm just so impatient to sit out on our private balcony (Bill even booked the exact same room!), overlooking the ocean, possibly after a morning at the beach and a lobster roll lunch, just relaxing, listening to some Sinatra and enjoying our life.

And since we'll be sans Mango for the longest amount of time we've been away from her (she'll be having a blast with her Aunt Chrissie, Uncle Steve and Cousin Charlie in Boston), and I already know however wonderful it will be to relax, I'll miss her terribly, I worked from home yesterday so that I could spend some quality time with her before we went away. It's been fairly quiet in the office and while working from home isn't allowed on a regular basis, I can usually get away with it every so often.





This past weekend was also pretty busy. On Saturday we headed out to Orangeburg, NY to celebrate Katherine and Jacob's 2nd birthday. Mo did some swimming, some crawling, ate some cake, found a basketball (to Bill's great delight), played with Kat a little and then napped o a blanket in the sun. Dan and Joy have an amazing house (perfect pool, elevator, steam room and sauna, pool house, a real bar, 3 different fully outfitted kitchens, etc!) so we never mind taking a drive out to visit when they invite us.










Sunday we laid low and then on Monday grabbed some picnic items and went to explore Governor's Island. It was nice, a bit hot but fun and pretty convenient for us. We missed the mini golf exhibit but had fun looking over the hammock area, walking around the houses and the castle and marveling over so much untouched real estate. It was nice, but I think it would be a perfect outing once Moira is a bit older, since the play areas weren't really suited for little ones.



Upcoming:

  • Cape Cod!!!! Tons of relaxing!
  • Busy week next week with my client in the office on Tuesday and lots of other meetings, but have a lunch at the new NYC hotspot ABC Cocina I'm really looking forward to!
  • Hopefully able to have a playdate with Jade and Luna
  • Nothing much other than preparing everything for Mo's birthday!

No comments :

Post a Comment