Monday, July 7, 2014

Happy 4th Y'all!

I figured if I didn't post the pictures from this past week they'd be completely lost after Gatlinburg (officially counting down now!).  Besides being a little worried about making sure I pack everything, I've gone over the airport itinerary with Bill, as well as completely over thought everything we might need while we're there. I used to be a pro at packing and going through airports. But a kid changes everything. While it wasn't bad at all when we last flew, I'm still stressing the baby food, bottles, formula, entertainment, sleep, etc. I'm also completely adverse to overpacking. For example: while I'd love to skip out on the giant Uppababy Vista and just take the umbrella, it's so nice to have the giant stroller to throw bags on, plus we're still trying to cram the Mango into the infant seat, and that at least connects to the Uppa. And since we're taking the giant stroller, which carrier should we bring for trips out? The Beco is way sturdy, but also bulky and hot. The Sakura is light and compact but not so nice on my shoulders for long trips now that this Mango is getting heavy. Ugh, Mom problems, I know. Anyways, while I worry about that, enjoy our pictures from this past weekend!
First, a little Counting Crows action from the concert in Central Park last Monday.
Our 4th was very nice and relaxing. I had Thursday off so we went to a lovely music class with Melissa and Jaz, then grabbed lunch, then drinks, then Bill joined, then Adam and Det. It was a bit muggy and hot but by the water there was a lovely breeze, plus we discovered a nice bar with strong, not too ridiculously priced drinks. Good times.
It was a Brass Instruments focus that day, so Mango played a trumpet and learned about Louis Armstrong!
And then passed out at the bar!


My favorite girl!!!
On the actual 4th we didn't do much until the evening when we were invited over to my new friend, Gwen's place to watch fireworks on her roof. Melissa, Jaz and Adam were there too, so Mo got some good playtime in with Alex and Jaz before she passed out in the sling (the baby whisperer... and why I want to bring it with us!).
But first, we napped!



On Saturday we went out to Bill's friend Dan's house, hung out with his wife Joy, their twins and another girl, Maria, who we knew from OMD, and her daughter. It was an amazing house, and such a blast! Joy's Dad was so nice to insist on taking our picture when he saw us hanging in the grass feeding Moira too!







Mo is working on standing on her own, which she's done a few times now, then promptly falls over. She is chatting up a storm, can sip from a straw now, is eating a little of our meals every day for "dinner", puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, but is the absolute sweetest girl! Yesterday I brought some dinner and muffins to my friend Leslie, who just welcomed her 2nd daughter Scout last week, and who also hasn't seen Mo since April and couldn't believe how big and mobile she was. It was also incredible to see a teeny tiny baby up close too!
My sweetheart! The happiest girl
Red, white and blue muffins
Upcoming:

  • I have a work dinner Wednesday, a bachelorette happy hour on Thursday, and then we fly out!
  • Next week... TENNESSEE!!! Smokey Mountains (and the pool all day) here we come!

No comments :

Post a Comment