Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Gatlinburg: Part I


A year ago Bill's parent announced that they had rented a cabin for us and Bill's Aunt's family for this July in Gatlinburg, TN. I think pretty much everyone had to jump on Google to figure out exactly where that was (right smack dab in the middle of the Smokey Mountains of course!), but ever since then, we've all been really looking forward to this week together. And what a wonderful week it was. Our cabin, "King of the Mountain" was located most of the way up a literal mountain. The views were spectactular, the food fantactic and the company even better. Moira got to spend quality time with the McKinney side of her family, including her 2 cousins, and came away missing everyone and everything there just as much as Bill and I.

All in all, it was a great trip. I was able to get to know Bill's family a lot more, outside of our usual holiday/birthday gatherings, and I loved watching Mo hang out and be her vivacious little self once she got used to her surroundings. She really is turning into such an amazing little girl, her personality is really coming out: she's very vocal, loves attention, loves to be held and snuggled, and has to have it her way or will let you know. Anyways, here's the first part of our trip.
But first, the night before, I went out for Preethi's surprise bachelorette party. I don't get out too much but this was awesome at the PHD rooftop of the Dream Hotel
Took some pictures of the great view...
And then proceeded to get drunk (did I mention I don't get out much?)
I may have been a little under the weather the next day, but I woke up to this wonderful face so all was good in the world.
How adorable is she?
Our first day in Knoxville. We tried on (and tried to keep on) Mo's new hat and sunglasses in preparation
We were the first ones at the cabin... Mo took in her surroundings

And then was off....
Within the hour she acted like she owned the place
Oh yeah... here's the view from the cabin
And my perfect view from our little balcony
And then Cousin Charlie arrived!
And Mo supervised dinner
And Cousin JJ got in!
And Mo quickly learned if she hung around long enough, she could get all of JJ's leftovers
Mo showed off her champion snuggling skills
Seriously. She's the best!
Mo and Charlie got along
She loved standing at the coffee table and "talking" to anyone who would listen



Meanwhile, Bill and I went into town with Jimmy, Katie and Colleen to watch the World Cup final game. Argentina lost :(
After all the babies were put to bed we played games

The next day we loaded up the cars and headed off into the Smokey Mountains for a picnic. Mo took along some college prep reading
We went for a little hike
Took some selfies
Hung out with Grandma while I attempted some hiking in sandles





That night was Bill and I cooked. Since we made turkey chile (which just simmers for hours) we got in some good hot tub time. This is the view from the hot tub.
Then we ate. Mo was upset that Daddy wasn't sharing his cornbread fast enough
He got the memo pretty quickly though
And then we played more games that night. (This is actually from the night before because I didn't take another picture)
We got some great shots of the Smokies!

Family selfie of course :)

No comments :

Post a Comment