Monday, May 19, 2014

Mother's Day, A Wedding and First Words...

Well, I'll answer the major question that everyone has first so we can just get that out of the way... the first word. No surprises here... it's Dada. She'd been babbling with the "da's" and "ba's" for a while but it took Uncle Chris asking who I was for Miss Mango to say "Dada." And I do say "daddy" to her enough that there's bound to be some confusion, but when I ask her where's Daddy, she'll always turn to look for Bill. It was really sweet though because my Mom and sister were also there to hear it and everyone was of the opinion that it was definitely Dada and not just babbling.

Mother's Day weekend was fantastic. We kicked it off with some Muffins with Mom at Moira's school and I was presented with some super sweet gifts. The State Fair shower was also so much fun on Saturday and Sunday after another round of swimming we went to Frankie's 570 for some brunch. Later that day we had some fun in the park too. Just a fun, relaxing weekend.



Just an old pic from Super Heroes Day! Look at how HAPPY she is!
Monday I took the day off to tour a daycare near our apartment we hadn't looked at yet. And while all the people there were pleasant enough, seeing a different center that wasn't quite up to the standards we're used to really made me so grateful that we're able to have Moira in such a fantastic school. She clearly adores her teachers, we love their structure and education approach, they recognize that even babies want and need to learn and we never have any questions about the basics of her care (cleanliness, etc). I'd love to be home with her but since I can't, this is really the second best option.





We also had a playdate on Monday with Jaz and Melissa during and after Core class.

Thursday Mo and I (Daddy had to work) were off to Alexandria for the reception. Aunt Teresa and Uncle Chris eleoped back in November so this was just the party after. It was a blast, not only hanging out with my family but also meeting Chris' great family and the party itself. Truly a memorable weekend that went by way too fast.

At the family "rehearsal dinner"
Saying hi to Dada on Saturday morning

Watching the ducks with Tata

Being a little ham at brunch
Our first night together.
Mo with Mama's favorite flowers, peonies!

At our little bachelorette (plus Dad) wine tour on Friday

My favorite! Buying some peonies to make Teresa's bouquet with
And then, the reception!
Selfie with Dad


This is actually from the night before, but trying on the dress to make sure it fits.
Best Man speech... I gave a speech later too
Chowing down on the cornbread!



Teresa and Chris' nieces and nephews
She wouldn't stop moving for me!
The very serious family photo 
Saying their vows




Pink champagne, solo cups, and best friends!
And the day after. We were probably one of the few non-hungover parties as we left a little early to get our girl into bed.




Passed out on the trip home
Upcoming:

  • Back on the train this weekend for a Boston memorial Day trip
  • Working on 2 new business pitches and was just put on a task-force for our computer system at work. Just chasing that dangling carrot around.
  • Bill is officially in his busy season. Hopefully we'll get to see him on some weeknights.
  • June is pretty quiet, but July and August are packed so lots of relaxing coming up.

No comments :

Post a Comment