But the years are short. I'm not sure where that quote came from but I'm constantly reminding myself of it when Mango is fussy or when I'm trying to get out the door in the morning but Moira is taking her time eating, or Bill is out for the night and all I want is to watch a show in peace and not be washing bottles while juggling a baby who won't stop pulling my hair. I love it, don't get me wrong, but sometimes when I'm in those hectic moments I find myself wishing I had a 5 minute break, an opportunity to regroup, re-zen and get back to hanging with my favorite girl. And so, I remind myself that while these days may be long, the years are short, and if the past 6 months are any indicator, the years will fly.
I got some good news from work and will hopefully get more good news next week. Then we fly to Texas! There's been a lot going on though and I'm forever crazed and also focused on maximizing my time at work so I can get home to my favorite girl and guy so I'll summarize what we've been up to in pictures.
 |
| So far we hate sweet potatoes, carrots, and apples, and had a not great reaction to pears (though that could also be from teething) |
.jpeg) |
| Bananas are tolerable though |
.jpeg) |
| In all we haven't had the best reaction from Mango over food (basically closing her lips and turning away) so I'm thinking she's just not ready. After Texas I'll start up again and start taking food to daycare too. |
 |
| Valentines Baby! |
 |
| I survived Eataly on Valentines too to cook octopus for Bill! |
 |
For my Valentine's present Bill got us a baby-less vacation back to our babymoon spot on the Cape!!! 2 glasses on this balcony this summer!!!!
And all I got him was an octopus... |
 |
So I made up for it last night by getting him tickets with some awesome seats to the Knicks game
(did I mention I love my job) |
 |
| Then we went to Virginia... |
 |
| Where they are SO baby friendly |
 |
| Cheers to the newlyweds! |
 |
| Aunt T taking some pics |
 |
| We're bottling Mango's birthday beer! |
 |
| We had a girls night and watched this awesome tear-jerker. |
 |
| Last Friday we celebrated Melissa's birthday! |
 |
| My favorite photos are always the candid ones. |
 |
| The "pass around" at JJ's birthday |
 |
| With Moira's great great Aunt Lola |
 |
| Busy playing |
 |
| The sweet birthday boy |
 |
| My favorite one. Team work! |
 |
| The cutest thing was when they would chat with each other in baby babble. |
 |
| The sling is perfect for occasions like these too! |
 |
| Jumping is hard work. |
 |
| One thing Mango seems to like a lot is hair... |
Upcoming:
- Game night... TONIGHT! We've got booze and Cards Against Humanity so it should be an awesome time!
- Moira and I are going to the Circus (courtesy of Aunt T) this Saturday with Katie and JJ, Bill is joining after for some Morgan's BBQ!
- We leave for sunny and 70's Texas next Wednesday... I cannot wait!
- Have you seen this? So talented! And makes me look forward to lots of little girl dress up parties!
No comments :
Post a Comment