Wednesday, May 22, 2013

27 Weeks & 1 Day! Third Trimester... Officially?

I have no idea when the 3rd trimester starts as every book, app, or website seems to have a conflicting opinion. So I'm saying it's 27 weeks. It feels about right to me as boy, these aches and pains have really picked up. I can't stand too long, I can't sit too long either either, laying on one side too long doesn't feel great, so basically I'm a fidgety mess, but it really isn't as bad as it sounds. I'm still able to take my long walks so long as I can take frequent breaks to sit. And on the weekends when ever I wake up early and am too fidgety to fall back asleep I use that time to listen to my hypnobirthing tapes.

Prenatal yoga has been amazing and I have a little yoga baby too it seems (must run in the family, Mom). B was active all throughout my practice last night and definitely let me know if I was stretching too far in one direction or in a position for too long. Some positions that had been just ok in the past felt SOOO good this time, like the triangle pose which I normally dislike feels amazing at nearly 7 months pregnant. Every week I feel so blessed to be able to take the time to make this special connection with B while honoring my pregnant body and also preparing it for birth. And while I won't even pretend to know anything about fetal or child psychology, I know that this is beneficial for not only my welfare but for my child's as well. I've already started to look into some Mommy and Me yoga classes while I'm on maternity leave too, to keep up that bond postpartum.
Practicing tummy to tummy carry in my Sakura Bloom twilight sling
with David, my beloved preemie Cabbage Patch!
26 weeks and 5 days- 5/19/2013
This past weekend I also trekked out to Caribou Baby in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. They're basically the go-to shop for baby carriers of all kinds and I purchased my (first?) Sakura Bloom pure linen ring sling in twilight (or Yankee blue as I called it). I have my eye on a double linen one as well but as these aren't cheap, want to see how B feels in it first. Since B will be an August baby the linen was a no-brainer and I love how ring slings are great for breastfeeding and also have the tail that you can use as a quick make-shift cover. Bill was also interested when I demonstrated for him so hopefully he might like carrying B in the ring sling, but if not, I also checked out the soft structured carriers since that'll be what we'll be using for the daycare commute. After much thought, deliberation, and demonstration I decided the Boba Air would work best for our family as it's easy to switch between partners, is waterproof nylon, has a hood and folds up into itself- but I'm still open.

Tonight I'm having a light dinner (aka the first dinner for me, as I'll be ravenous again an hour or 2 later) with another HRP Mama friend, then we're heading over to a Tribeca restaurant for a HRP cocktail party for all Mama's, complete with more food (!!!), cocktails and mocktails (for the pregnant Mama's). It should be a fun night of mingling and socializing. On Friday we're meeting with another contractor for the kitchen renovations and then Bill and I are both going to see B at my 27 week Doctors appointment! Bill hasn't seen our little mango in a while since he missed the 20 week anatomy scan (due to waiting for 2 hrs at the hospital), though he's definitely been feeling mango a lot lately. And this weekend is my baby shower and I'm so excited that all of my NYC and DC friends are able to make it! It'll be very low-key, just a leisurely brunch at Jane, a NYC brunch institution. And my sister, Teresa, and our friend Megan will be in town all weekend so there are lots of fun things planned.
Bumping bellies with my friend Melissa who's due in September!
And me with Cathy, the woman who invited me to join HRP Mama's!

3 comments :

  1. Sad I am missing the shower,send me pictures! Let me know all about your doctor visit . Want to know how your little one is progressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll take lots of pictures, I promise:) It should just be a regular appointment, but extra special since Bill is able to make it and he'll also finally get to meet my Doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited to see you. And yay for the little mango.

    ReplyDelete