Tuesday, May 7, 2013

25 Weeks!

Figured I'd start out with this fun little picture I took last night while perusing my baby books. Although everyone seems to have a different opinion about when the third trimester starts it's still crazy to me that it's getting to the last portion of the pregnancy. It's a little sad, the 2nd trimester is where so many wonderful things happened and I absolutely love how I feel right now, feeling all those little baby kicks and punches, how much energy I've had and relatively few aches and pains. But I also cannot wait to meet our little one. Kiss those tiny feet and hands that I see on every ultrasound. Sing and rock and even baby wear this little one on walks to the park or to meet other Mama friends. I know it's not going to be this idyllic all the time. Not even close. But I also am sure that it's not all sleep deprivation and sore nipples either and those positive images are where I'm focusing my thoughts these days.
5/2/2013- 24 weeks and 2 days
Last week I went in for my 24 week appointment and glucose test. I've gained 3 lbs and blood pressure is still in the normal range. And the glucose drink wasn't all bad, especially with a straw. Just like everyone says, a more sugary and flat orange soda. Afterwards I had my usual checkup and of course got to see B. Still very active and still right on for the due date. We listened to the heartbeat and I have to say I have some serious doubts about being able to swaddle this kiddo already because every ultrasound it's hands at or above the head. Bill also thinks B might have some hair already. Dr Kecia said she'd also happily provide us with some 3D pics too- though Bill thinks those look super creepy. Probably a few weeks from now when B has a little more body fat. I also found out I have an anterior placenta and B is still breech. I'm going to mention that in prenatal yoga tonight to see if my instructors have any recommended positions to get this baby to turn now because I do not want to be worrying about that in a few weeks.
B with a profile shot. Off to the right side of the face is the umbilical cord
5/3/2013- 24 weeks and 3 days
Baby Hair?
Waving!
Various body parts- maybe a face, arms, not really sure
As for me, I'm slowing down a bit and so forgetful about everything. I'm also getting bigger and starting to do the dreaded pregnant lady waddle. But I am offered a seat on the subway almost every ride (and now I need it). Last weekend I met up with some other Mama's for brunch and then ran some birthday errands. I decided to get all June/July birthday presents out of the way now, while I have the energy and memory. I've also been researching the heck out of baby carriers (I'm now dead set on a Beco Gemini- for commuting- and a Sakura Bloom linen ring sling- for around the house, short errand wear, esp in the heat), what exactly my insurance covers for breast pumps (now covered under most insurance plans under the Affordable Care Act) and I think I'm officially nesting. I've also started up my narcoleptic naps again, so that might be the first sign that the third trimester is upon me. Bill's in Chicago for work so B and I have also been rocking out to some tunes in the morning while getting ready (and this poor baby has also been subjected to my questionable singing talent). Otherwise, it's just status quo around here... just focusing on growing this baby daily.
Lovely Mama's group brunch

No comments :

Post a Comment